Thursday, June 19, 2008

I will never define the latest fashions.

Over the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to get exercise, conserve gas, and see more of Bridge City. I finally got around to filling my bicycle's tires post-move, and I appreciate being able to ride my bike places. I see streets that I typically wouldn't drive on (which is why I locate them for biking because no one drives on them either!). I also get around faster. However, whenever I am riding my bicycle, I wear my helmet.

The antics of certain males in the population of Bridge City disturb me. They have taken to cat-calling me from their cars. While they are at it, they also harass me for my bike helmet. I cannot understand why certain people find this activity necessary.

Things continue to go well at Bridge University. I'm glad I'm here because I am enjoying what I'm doing. But now it's back to work...

6 comments:

Jennie said...

I once had a soda thrown at me from a car window, the kind of soda you get at a fast food joint. People do strange things.
Wearing a helmet is very important. Safety first :)

Psych Post Doc said...

Sorry about the cat calling and comments on the helmet. Both are so unnecessary.

EcoGeoFemme said...

That's just about the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Every cyclist should wear a helmet! And not drive the wrong way on one-way streets while they're at it! (you can tell my little cyclist pet peeve)

Sucks that they are harasssing you. Bring along something yucky to throw at them next time.

chriself said...

Hiding-in-plain-sight-super-soaker-for-those-who-harass-innocent-bike-riders:

A filled water bottle attached to the frame of your bike, or even a secondary one so you don't waste any water meant for drinking. The thing that works in your favor is you're on the bike which means you're more manueverable than a car.

Either that, or the mental image of it so you can be chuckling as they drive off. Either way - who's going to be laughing at the gas pump ultimately?

Me? Mischevious? Never......

And this has nothing to do with the fact that I priced a bike today - nope!

Mad Hatter said...

That really sucks. Unfortunately, there's no answer to the question of why people do this. Some people are just stupid and obnoxious....

Amanda said...

That really sucks. So far, I haven't had that problem. But every cyclist should wear a helmet! Cars are bigger than bikes, therefore helmet!